Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Your Own Personal Voodoo Doll

Ok... here I am and this time I mean it. Have some thoughts and ideas I'm throwing down but need your help. But before we get into that... I should explain where I've been.

If you read one of my past blogs you'll see that I had MRSA (Staph infection) in my thumb. Well I was lucky enough to get it again... so awesome. This time I got it everywhere... the main spot that required surgery was the back of my right thigh. If I thought the thumb hurt, I was dead wrong... the thigh was just unbearable. And yes, I had surgery again... quite a bit of drama involved in this one. ER visits, narcotics, body scrub down with brillo pad-like devices, narcotics, surgery that sucked a lot, IV injected narcotics (wonderful stuff), open wound on leg, daily visits to hospital for a week, self-packing the open wound (causing me to take more narcotics), and on and on and on...

I then went through an "eradication period" because apparently the 'suck' caused by MRSA might be fun I get to have quite often from now on... I'm a "carrier", sounds like I have an STD. But I don't.

Alright enough of that drama.

HERE'S the DEAL:

I've decided to step outside my comfort zone and embrace this blogging thing on a different level... I'm challenging myself and attaching a "punishment" to the challenge for motivation. Hopefully I can get an interactive dialogue going with you and you'll find it at least mildly entertaining. Read on...

I will BLOG every day until at least June 15... if I fail just one day.... I SHAVE MY HEAD. I'll take pics and prove I'm a man of my word.

What will I BLOG about?... anything and everything... if YOU want me to do something... name it and it's done. I'll only caveat that with this... I won't jump out of a plane (skydive), I'm not made of money, and I won't do anything to embarrass myself or my family. I DO however live on an Island that apparently a lot of people want to get to... SO, if you're planning a trip and want someone to field test some things, let me know. I'm up for anything...

Hopefully this will be an interactive thing... and some good suggestions come through. I'll take pics and give my candid take.

I'd also like to see how many followers I can generate in the next few weeks. So PLEASE send your enemies (friends might get mad) my way and tell them to follow.

Help me save my marriage (shaving my head would be a buzzkill for the significant other)... give me fuel for the blog. I don't care if you find some randon thing on google and want me to go take a picture in front of a sign somewhere obscure. Send it...

Thanks for your help. This could be fun.

5 comments:

  1. shave your head?!! no way! i am gonna be all over you daily lol...so does this mean you're not just scouting for me, but all of blog world?! and do i get to play and have you do random things too?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dad you are crazy!!!!!!!Yea i don't think shaving your head will slide with mom!!So you better keep up on your blog because i DO NOT want to come to Hawaii and you have a bald head!!!Oh and i LOVE your blog,can't wait to see what you write next!!!(Mom and i decided for your first challenge we want you to go to the east side of the north shore at the hygienic store and order spam musubi do it REALLY soon and take pics!! Oh and yes you HAVE TO EAT IT!!!!! :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, she typed that all by herself, how cute is she!! (of course i told her what to type for the challenge ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot help but smile/crack up everytime I read a blog from you or Carrie. You guys rock. I'll have to think about challenges, tho..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading what you write! I don't know a lot about Hawaii since I have never been. But, it would be cool to see you try out the whole surfing thing?? Maybe that sounds kind of typical of Hawaii, but I don't know if you have ever tried it before. So, I would like to see pictures of you doing the surfing thing!! Mahalla!

    ReplyDelete